- This is a hot potato.
- Those are some hot potatoes.
若要强调或加强形容词的意思，就在形容词前加上 very 或 really 等副词来强调它的程度。
- This is a very hot potato
- Those are some really hot potatoes.
- The beautiful girl ignored me.
- The fast red car drove away.
形容词也可以放在状态动词和感官动词后，像是 to be丶to seem丶to look 以及 to taste 等。
- Italy is beautiful.
- I don't think she seems nice at all.
- You look tired.
- This meat tastes funny.
- The Princess Royal is visiting Oxford today.
- The President elect made a speech last night.
- He received a court martial the following week.
如 involved丶present 和 concerned 等形容词可以放在其修饰的名词前或后，但摆放的位置也会影响整体上的意思。
|I want to see the people involved.||我想看到与此事有关联的人。||It was an involved discussion.||这场讨论很缜密。|
|Here is a list of the people present at the meeting.||这是参与会议的名单。||The present situation is not sustainable.||目前的情况持续不了。|
|I need to see the man concerned by this accusation.||我需要看到那位被控告的男人。||A concerned father came to see me today.||今天有位忧心忡忡的父亲来找我。|