mean + 动名词表达某个动作的结果或必要的事，在这种用法上，mean 可以被 involve 取代。
- If you take that job in London it will mean travelling for two hours every day.
- We could take the ferry to France, but that will mean spending a night in a hotel.
- Buying this jacket now means not buying another until next year.
- Leaving school would mean finding a job.
mean + 不定词表达一种意图或计画；在这种用法上，mean 可以被 intend 取代。
- Did you mean to dial this number?
- I mean to finish this job by the end of the week!
- I didn't mean to hurt you.
- I meant to return the books on time.