come + 动名词就如其他接动名词的行进动词一样，意指主词在移动的同时正在做某事。
- She came running across the field.
- The horse came racing around the corner.
- My dog always comes bounding out of the car.
- When I call you, please come running.
come + 不定词有「某件事的发生或发展」之意，有可能不在主词的控制之中。
- At first I thought he was crazy, but I've come to appreciate his sense of humour.
- How did you come to be outside the wrong house?
- The book has come to mean something quite different for me.
- I have come to see that you were right all along.
在另一种 come + 不定词的用法上，不定词是用来表示「过来」的意图，跟其他接不定词的行进动词用法很类似。
- I came to see the new exhibition.
- We came to watch a movie.
- Will you come to eat dinner?