- John Cabot sailed to America in 1498.
- My father died last year.
- He lived in Fiji in 1976.
- We crossed the Channel yesterday.
频率：often, sometimes, always
I sometimes walked home at lunchtime.
I often brought my lunch to school.
明确的时间点：last week, when I was a child, yesterday, six weeks ago
We saw a good film last week.
Yesterday, I arrived in Geneva.
She finished her work atseven o'clock
I went to the theatre last night
- 不明确的时间点：the other day, ages ago, a long time ago People lived in caves a long time ago.
- She played the piano when she was a child.
注：「ago」这个字非常好用，可以表达现在到过去的时间有多长。ago 一律放在一段时间之后：a week ago、three years ago、a minute ago 等。
|主词||+ 动词原型 + ed|
|主词||+ did not||+ 不带有 to 的不定词|
|Did||+ 主词||+ 不带有 to 的不定词|
|Did not||+ 主词||+ 不带有 to 的不定词|
|I walked||I didn't walk||Did I walk?|
|You walked||You didn't walk||Did you walk?|
|He walked||He didn't walk||Did he walk?|
|We walked||We didn't walk||Did we walk?|
|They walked||They didn't walk||Did they walk?|
to be丶to have丶to do 的一般过去时
- I was in Japan last year
- She had a headache yesterday.
- We did our homework last night.
「do」为一般动词，在一般过去时上，否定句和疑问句会用到助动词「do」。例如：We didn't do our homework last night.
- They weren't in Rio last summer.
- We didn't have any money.
- We didn't have time to visit the Eiffel Tower.
- We didn't do our exercises this morning.
- Were they in Iceland last January?
- Did you have a bicycle when you were young?
- Did you do much climbing in Switzerland?
- He went to a club last night.
- Did he go to the cinema last night?
- He didn't go to bed early last night.
- We gave her a doll for her birthday.
- They didn't give John their new address.
- Did Barry give you my passport?
- My parents came to visit me last July.
- We didn't come because it was raining.
- Did he come to your party last week?