在回答「How much」和「How many」的问句时，有些量词要接可数名词（如 friends丶cups丶people），有些则要接不可数名词（如 sugar丶tea丶money），也有几种是可以接所有类型的名词。
|a little||no, none, not any||a few|
|a bit of||some||a number of|
|a great deal of||a lot of, lots of||a great number of|
|a large amount of||plenty of||a large number of|
- Would you like some tea and a few cookies?
- I always put a little milk and some carrots in my soup.
- He has several apples. I don't have any fruit at all.
- She has plenty of clothes for the winter.
- I recieved a large amount of feedback from my survey.
much 和 many 的用法
much 和 many 主要用在疑问句和否定句上。在肯定句和否定句上，这些量词也会和 too 和 so 一起连用。注意：many 这个字可以单独用在肯定句，而 much 却不能。在肯定句中，much 会被 a lot of 或 lots of 取代（这些措辞也可取代 many）。
|How much sugar do you have?||How many people came to the concert?|
|There's not much sugar at the store.||Not many people came to the concert.|
|I have too much sugar at home.||There were too many people at the concert.|
|I don't know what to do with so much sugar.||It's a problem when there are so many people.|
|I wish there was not so much sugar here.||There were not so many people last year.|
|There is a lot of sugar in candy.||There are many people who want to come. = There are a lot of people who want to come.|