- The passive voice is used frequently. (= 我们关注的是被动语态，而不是关注使用被动语态的人)
- The house was built in 1654. (= 我们关注的是房屋，而不是关注建造房屋的人)
- The road is being repaired. (= 我们关注的是道路，而不是关注修理道路的人)
- I noticed that a window had been left open.
- Every year thousands of people are killed on our roads.
- All the cookies have been eaten.
- My car has been stolen!
|A great deal of meaning is conveyed by a few well-chosen words.||A few well-chosen words convey a great deal of meaning.|
|Our planet is wrapped in a mass of gases.||A mass of gases wrap around our planet.|
|Waste materials are disposed of in a variety of ways.||The city disposes of waste materials in a variety of ways.|
|"A Hard Day's Night" was written by the Beatles.||The Beatles wrote "A Hard Day's Night".|
|The movie ET was directed by Spielberg.||Spielberg directed the movie ET.|
|This house was built by my father.||My father built this house.|
适当的 Be 动词型态 + 过去分词
|The house was built in 1899.||The house wasn't built in 1899.||Was the house built in 1899?||Wasn't the house built in 1899?|
|These houses were built in 1899.||These houses weren't built in 1899.||Were these houses built in 1899?||Weren't these houses built in 1899?|
被动语态，以 to clean 为例
|主词||+ Be 动词（经过词形变化）||+ 过去分词||+ 句子的其余字词|
|The house||is||cleaned||every day.|
|The house||is being||cleaned||at the moment.|
|The house||was being||cleaned||last week.|
|The house||has been||cleaned||since you left.|
|The house||had been||cleaned||before they arrived.|
|The house||will be||cleaned||next week.|
|The house||will be being||cleaned||tomorrow.|
|The house||would be||cleaned||if they had visitors.|
|The house||would have been||cleaned||if it had been dirty.|
|The house||must be||cleaned||before we arrive.|
- You have to be tested on your English grammar.
- John might be promoted next year.
- She wants to be invited to the party.
- I expect to be surprised on my birthday.
- You may be disappointed.
- I remember being taught to drive.
- The children are excited about being taken to the zoo.
- The children are excited to be taken to the zoo.
- Most film stars hate being interviewed.
- Most film stars hate to be interviewed.
- Poodles like to be pampered.
- Poodles like being pampered.
to be born 的用法
「to be born」是一种被动型态，而且多数主要用于过去时。然而在某些情况下，使用现在时或将来时也很妥当。
- I was born in 1976.
- Where were you born?
- Around 100 babies are born in this hospital every week.
- We don't know on exactly which day the baby will be born.
有时被动语态的构成会用动词 to get 或 to have 来取代 Be 动词。关于这部分，可以参考构成被动语态的替代方法。