当我们用有 going 的词组来谈论将来，这样的形式是由三个要素组成：
Be 动词依主词做词形变化 + going + 主要动词的不定词
|主词||+ to be（依主词做词形变化）||+ going||+ 不定词|
|He||is not||going||to jog.|
用 going 来论及将来的事，表示这件事与现在有很紧密的联系。表达的事情是根据现在已知的事，确切时间并不重要，只透露是将来会发生的事。going 主要用来论及计画和意图，或根据现在的迹象来做预测。在日常谈话上，特别是美式英语，going 常被缩减为「gonna」，但绝对不能用在正式书写上。
用 going 表达计画和意图
- Is Freddy going to buy a new car soon?
- Are John and Pam going to visit Milan when they are in Italy?
- I think Nigel and Mary are going to have a party next week.
- We are going to have dinner together tomorrow.
- Aren't you going to stay at the library until your report is finished?
用 going 表达预测
- He's going to be a brilliant politician.
- I'm going to have a hard time falling asleep.
- You're going to be sorry you said that.
- Is it going to rain this afternoon?
- Aren't they going to come to the party?