- John looked around but he couldn't see the monkey.
- I searched everywhere I could think of.
- I'm going back to school.
- Come in!
- They built a house nearby.
- She took the child outside.
here 和 there 是常见的地方副词，会透露出与讲话者的距离。当这类副词与行进动词一起使用时，here 有「朝向讲话者」丶「和讲话者一起」之意；而 there 有「远离讲话者」丶「没有和讲话者一起」之意 。
|The table is in here.||跟我一起来，我们会一起去看到它。|
|Put it there.||把它放到远离我的地方。|
|The table is in there.||走进去；你会自己看到。|
here 和 there 会与介词搭配使用，形成许多常见的副词片语。
- What are you doing up there?
- Come over here and look at what I found!
- The baby is hiding down there under the table.
- I wonder how my driver's license got stuck under here.
当句子以惊叹号结尾，或是需要做出强调语气时，here 和 there 就会放在句首。如果主词是名词，句型会是副词 + 动词 + 主词；但如果主词是代词，句型就会是副词 + 代词 + 动词。
- Here comes the bus!
- There goes the bell!
- There it is!
- Here they are!
|around||The marble rolled around in my hand.||I am wearing a necklace around my neck.|
|behind||Hurry! You are getting behind.||Let's hide behind the shed.|
|down||Mary fell down.||John made his way carefully down the cliff.|
|in||We decided to drop in on Jake.||I dropped the letter in the mailbox.|
|off||Let's get off at the next stop.||The wind blew the flowers off the tree.|
|on||We rode on for several more hours.||Please put the books on the table.|
|over||He turned over and went back to sleep.||I think I will hang the picture over my bed.|
以 where 结尾的地方副词
以 where 结尾的地方副词表达出位置的概念，而非特指一个地点或方向。
- I would like to go somewhere warm for my vacation.
- Is there anywhere I can find a perfect plate of spaghetti around here?
- I have nowhere to go.
- I keep running in to Sally everywhere!
以 wards 结尾的地方副词
以 wards 结尾的地方副词表达某个动作以特定方向移动。
- Cats don't usually walk backwards.
- The ship sailed westwards.
- The balloon drifted upwards.
- We will keep walking homewards until we arrive.
- He walked towards the car.
- She ran towards me.
- The child went indoors.
- He lived and worked abroad.
- Water always flows downhill.
- The wind pushed us sideways.